Monday 2 May 2011

ZOMBIES weekend...

Well last weekend was very much focussed on finishing off the first draft of the script for Wolfmen 3, which I did and met with Andy's approval. This weekend then was to get to grips with ZOMBIES. Over the past 6 months or so, and particularly over the last week as the deadline loomed, I've been receiving contributions for ZOMBIES 2, our follow up to the sold out ZOMBIES anthology.


Under covers by Garry Brown this is buidling into another fabulous range of stories from a lot of very talented people. Some are new to Accent UK's books, as we try to ensure that each title has a good proportion of new contributors, but all are really solid pieces of work.

So, this long Bank Holiday weekend has seen me letter 3 contributions, print off and read through all contributions for spelling and to make sure that everything is in order, request a few changes when it isn't, print the updated versions off again, replace print cartridges


and make sure I've got all the print versions in a directory for Andy to take a copy off when he next pops over.

I've been impressed not only with the quality of work this year, and you can see some random samples on this post, but also by the fact that more than 2/3rds of the contributors have sent me their work before the deadline. Which makes my life a lot easier.
I've got one more story to letter, and will be emailing out my lettered versions to the respective creators to make sure they are happy. Then I'll be chasing the stragglers... there are always a few :o)


We;ve had confirmation that PREDATORS will definitely be listed in JULY's PREVIEWS, we really need to get that book out there.


Next week I'm also looking to send Andy an updated Wolfmen 3 script, following a few sugestions he has made and hopefully letter the other ZOMBIES 2 strip.


Colin and I will be at the Manchester Mart this Saturday at Thistle Hotel (off Piccadilly Gardens) so if you're passing pop in and say 'Hi', I may even let you see the printouts of ZOMBIES 2 so far ...

2 comments:

  1. What I saw of the print-outs, Dave, I'm thinking you and Colin got yourselves one hell of a fine book. Proud to be part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah .. but I didn't show you my pages did I Gary :o) They're sure to bring the whole thing down a notch or two ...
    It does look good though doesn't it.
    I think everyone involved will be proud to see their work amongst all the other contributions. It's hard to believe, and does sound like a line from some marketing company but these anthologies just seem to get better and better.

    ReplyDelete